Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Never quite got it...

I remember nodding politely when my friends would say in a somewhat sad tone, "Gosh, they just grow so fast."  I understood conceptually what they were saying.  And I pride myself in the fact that I never, not even once, rolled my eyes at this seemingly dramatic declaration.  But, I never really understood the truth of the statement.  And I certainly didn't comprehend the feeling that accompanies it. 

I do now.

How did we go from this:




To this:


so quickly???? 

Don't get me wrong, the growing milestones are fun.  It seems Lana does something **AMAZING** everyday.  These little strides in her development make me both giddy, and incredibly proud, at the same time.  But tonight, while treating her to her nightly "massage" after bathtime, I caught my little no-longer newborn doing this:



!!!!!!!!!  It's just a matter of time before she is downright mobile!!!  It was just yesterday she couldn't hold her little head up!!! 

And now as I repeatedly wipe the drool from her perfect little chin, I have stopped myself more than once frm crying as I think about how much I will miss this:






That BIG, BEAUTIFUL, TOOTHLESS grin.  Oh, God, how I love the toothless grin.

And, everyday this gets just a little bit longer:



(Above was taken on the day she sported her very first ponytail)



My little Pebbles.  ahhhhhh.

So, yes it is absolutly generic.  And it is undoubedly a cliche.  But it is absolutely true.  They do grow too fast.  And the feeling of  gratitude, mixed with a little bit of sadness, that comes with having the honor of witnessing it - - - well it is almost too potent to bear. 

I love this little girl.

And I'm so lucky to be her mommy  :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. It does go super fast, you have a precious baby girl. My son just turned 9 months and I have no clue where the time went. I would love for you to check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete